Who is a candidate for CoolSculpting®
- If you are within 15 to 20 pounds of your ideal weight with pockets of unwanted fat that are diet- and exercise-resistant
Intended results of CoolSculpting®:
- Fat reduction of abdomen, flanks, back, and thighs
- A smoother flatter abdomen with a more shapely side contour.
- Contoured appearance of inner and outer thighs
- A more athletic and attractive look.
CoolSculpt® procedure description:
- CoolSculpting® uses Cryolipolysis™ technology to safely and effectively kill unwanted fat cells.
- CoolSculpting® is a non-invasive treatment that allows for no down time and does not require surgery, anesthesia, or incisions
- Fat is safely chilled to a point where the cells are damaged without harming surrounding skin or tissue. During the weeks following the procedure, the body will naturally eliminate the damaged fat cells through the body’s own metabolic processes, reducing the thickness of the fat layer.
CoolSculpting® can effectively remove 20-30% of the fat in the treatment area.
Recuperation after CoolSculpting®:
- CoolSculpting can be slightly uncomfortable immediately after the procedure. Tenderness, slight bruising, and swelling could occur for the first few days after the treatment.
- Patients are able to return to normal daily activities immediately with no restrictions.
Other options besides CoolSculpting®:
- Additional procedures that may enhance the result of CoolSculpting® are traditional liposuction and other body contouring procedures.